Recent Thoughts

Friday, September 01, 2006

First taste of Sarah!

Okay, before you guys get any naughty thoughts, Sarah's is the name of the popular 'beerhouse' here at the UP Diliman campus. Even in the wee hours in the morning, this is were you can find the delinquent students of UP, drinking the night away with the 'boy groups', hehe!

Sarah's is pretty much a household name for UP students, especially those with active and social lives, hehe. It's the go-to place for impromptu and sudden inuman sessions of your barkada. It is very accessable, it is located along the route of the standard UP student transport, the IKOT jeep. Add the fact that it is at the forefront of the famous Brgy Krus Na Ligas (almost half of this community's population are boarders).

In line with this, I just would like to announce that finally, after 5 years and 3 months in UP, and 3 years and 8 months of residing in Krus Na Ligas Heights, I finally had my first bottle of beer at Sarah's. Haha! Imagine, this famous place is just an effing fart away from our apartment, and I even pass by it every day. It took me this much time to actually decide to have a drink here, haha!

I do drink, but I'm not the type who drowns himself in alcohol to get through bad days. I rarely drink, and more often than not, there is no cause for a celebration. Usually, it's just a random dare -- "Oh, bakit hindi tayo uminom ngayon?" Plus, we often do it at our apartments so I never really had the chance to have a drink at Sarah's.

But last Wednesday, me and my closer orgmates decided to have a inuman session after an app's activity. One of us was mending a broken heart. I told them, "Sa Sarah's na lang, hindi pa ako nakakapag-Sarah's!" So there. Haha!

I was like a child who is on his first trip to the park! Haha! Hindi ko alam kung may lalapit bang waitress or kung ako ang dapat mag-order sa counter. Ihahatid ba yung mga order or kailangan kusang kunin. Haha!

So what did I order? Well, I was only able to finish one bottle of Red Horse, hehe. We also ordered some fries and chicharong bulaklak. And to get rid of the bitter aftertaste of my drink (eto lang kasi ang ayaw ko sa pag-inom-inom, yung pait!), I shared a half of Twin Popsies with another orgmate, haha!

I guess I can say that this is a milestone in my life as a UP student. Imagine, kung hindi pa ako nadelay, hindi pa ko makakapag-Sarah's, =p!

My Blog List

Quick Thoughts


Powered By Blogger