Recent Thoughts

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Gregory House, Doctor of Sarcasm

For those who actually care, hehe, sorry for a week-long silence. The past week was a big myriad of activities and deadlines. Geesh, I think the stress has turned my blue streaks into purple and pink! Haha! But anyway, worry not, I finally have an update. =p
__________

I have discovered another witty, educational and entertaining TV series -- House, MD. It's actually another medical drama like Grey's Anatomy. But House is more like a medical CSI. Each episode features a highly mysterious medical dilemma, which Dr Gregory House and his team solve. Unlike Grey's Anatomy though, it has less focus on the personal lives of the characters, so if you're a medical student, you should really watch this.


Dr. House is the king of sarcasm, haha! His quick and witty punchlines have been termed as house-isms. This is probably why despite having a hard time catching up with the medical terms and assumptions, I was able to reserve a place in my heart for this TV series, hehe! I really like the lessons I get to learn from watching well-written shows like this. There is always something you can apply in real life.

Here are some house-isms that I got from the official site of this Fox series:

Dr. House: "Unfortunately, you have a deeper problem. Your wife is having an affair."
Patient: "What?!"
Dr. House: "You're orange, you moron. And it's one thing for you not to notice, but if your wife hasn't picked up on the fact that her husband has changed colors, she's just not paying attention."

Dr. House: "I assume ‘minimal at best' is your stiff upper lip British way of saying ‘no chance in hell.'"
Chase: "Actually, I'm Australian."
Dr. House: "You put the Queen on your money, you're British."

Patient's mother: "Who are you?"
Dr. House: "I'm the doctor who's trying to save your son. You're the mom who's letting him die. Clarification. It's a beautiful thing."

House is produced by Fox, the same network that gives us Prison Break and American Idol. So don't be suprised if you can spot some actors from Prison Break to guest star in House. This is the 6th American TV series that I have religiously followed, so it's very amusing whenever I spot some actors from the other TV series, especially from Grey's Anatomy.

So there! Hmm, I am not sure if this is shown in local cable channels already. If it isn't yet, well, too bad. If it already is, THEN YOU SHOULD WATCH IT! It is interesting to know that even everyday normal stuff like our favorite pair of jeans can kill us, hehe.

My Blog List

Quick Thoughts


Powered By Blogger