Recent Thoughts

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Blogging from Baguio Citeeh!

Last time I was here was in the summer of 1998. Back then, my sister just graduated and was still unmarried. The trip was made possible by Mom's membership in our parish's CWL. Fast forward to October of 2007, I find myself in Baguio again. This time, I already have 3 nephews and this trip is made possible because of my nephew's excellent performance in his Kumon Math lessons -- he will receive a gold medal award tomorrow at the awarding ceremonies for all gold medalists from all Kumon centers in northern Luzon.

So how is it? Soooo effing cold, haha! Sobra! We all know the city has an exceptionally cold climate due to altitude reasons, but this day (weekend) is extra cold -- it's raining, hard. The moment I stepped out of the Genesis bus, I felt like I was in a giant refrigerator! A thick fog surround us. Syempre, nabana naman ako, haha!

We arrived 3 hours ahead of our check-in time at the hotel that Kumon arranged for us to stay in. So we had lunch and killed time at the famous SM City Baguio. Finally, I witnessed first hand the fuss about SM Baguio's architecture, because all these years, I kept hearing rave reviews about it from my friends who to go to Baguio.

If and when I can afford it, I do love traveling, but for some reason I don't share the same fixation about Baguio City. Sure I realize that it's the summer capital of the world and all that jazz. Ever since my grade school days, I was taught that it's a world class tourist destination. Not that I disagree, but the thought of bathing in freezing water turns me off, haha, even if I am well aware that heaters have already been invented in this day and age.

Anyway, this Baguio is too short for me to enjoy it to the fullest. To make it worse, like I said, it's raining hard. It sucks to know that I traveled all the way to Baguio just to stay indoors, haha! Hopefully, tomorrow's weather will be better. But in fairness, thick fog covering the mountain tops is quite breath-taking.

My Blog List

Quick Thoughts


Powered By Blogger