Recent Thoughts

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Blogs Galore 19: Black Valentine

I know I just said on my most recent post that I hate blogging about my daily activities. But hey, we contradict ourselves all the time, anyway, haha! So here are some thoughts on my Valentine Week for 2008. I wanted to wear black, for more Clear Black Valentine, haha! Pero wala, nasuot ko na nung Tuesday, nawala sa isip ko. Well, my February 14 top was still 1/3 black, hehe!

OL 4 LUV

I’ve always been a fan of the ASAP singers so I knew I just couldn’t miss the concert of Sarah Geronimo, Erik Santos, Rachelle Ann Go and Christian Bautista. And my, it was really mind-blowing.
Their opening number was the old Color Me Badd song “All For Love”. Memories from my childhood went back, haha! It was roughly 15 years ago when I first heard that song courtesy of my sister’s cassette copy of their album. Then they danced to Justin Timberlake’s “Lovestoned”. Yes, ‘dance’ is the operative word. And yes, that included Christian Bautista. You gotta hand it to the guy. The effort is there, haha! If I would describe his dancing skills, I would say “the whole is not the sum of its parts”. He can do the steps individually. But when ‘put together’, that’s when he seems awkward. Christian is a funny dancer indeed, but oh well, I am not a good dancer myself so his effort to not let his lack of good dancing skills limit his performances made me appreciate him more as an artist.
They all sang individually, with duets with each other for the transitions. They all opened (their solo sets) with non-love songs: Rachelle performed Nicole Scherzinger’s “Whatever You Like”; Christian ‘danced’ to Usher’s “Caught Up”; Erik belted out Queen’s “Somebody To Love” and Sarah sang Rihanna’s “Don’t Stop The Music”. After which they sang their own medleys of different genres of love songs. My favorite mind-blowing performance would have to be Sarah and Erik’s power duet of soul-R&B love songs (Boyz II Men, Babyface, Brian McKnight, etc). Poohquiao was their guest to provide more comic relief, while the four singers prepared for their final set. His impersonation of Mike Velarde was just so spot on – Amen! Haha!


LEFT: From left to right - me, Kevin, Acey and Ate Maan, my Ol 4 Luv buddies. Bong took the picture. RIGHT: It was around 95% filled. Notice the significant void in the Patron area. Eventually, in the middle of the show, more people filled the void.

I watched it some orgmates (Ate Maan, Acey, Kevin and Bong), so no, I was not on a Valentine’s date, hehe! Acey is, as another orgmate has said, officially my concert buddy because I also watched the Westlife concert back in 2006 with her. Ate Maan and I have always been fans of ASAP/Kapamilya singers so. As for Bong and Kevin, well, aside from the fact that Kevin was a big fan of Sarah Geronimo, it was both their first time to watch a concert at the Araneta. We all really had a wonderful time. Naturally, since Ate Maan and I were older than the rest of them, we sang along to more songs that the kids, haha! We even had this unofficial mini-game were we guessed the title of the songs being performed. I can’t wait when ABS-CBN will air the said concert on TV soon.


VALENTINE DINNER
After our weekly organization meeting, my orgmates and I decided to all have dinner together, since it’s Valentine’s and all. Well, at least those of us who were single and dateless, haha! As always, we all had a great time. Since there were about 20 of us, they rearranged a number of tables and seated us at the function room. There were other diners around us, some of them were couples. But being the noisy Kapampangans that we are, I think we were able to “OP” them, haha! We kept chanting the made-up love teams in the group. We even paired up Jill with Nichols, our waiter, haha! It all started when I made a comment about him having a slight aura of Dennis Trillo. Jewel concurred with my observation. Jill, who was listening nearby, uttered, “Actually, gwapo siya..” Thus, the Jichols love team was officially born, haha!
So there, we were romantically dateless but we didn’t let it stop us from having fun on this day of the year where we celebrate love.


LEFT: Kamusta naman ang Valentine long table namin, diba? Hehe!
RIGHT: The Jichols loveteam, bwahaha!

CHEVER*
We are 6 guys in our apartment, 3 on each of the 2 rooms. My 2 roommates have girlfriends. The boys in the other room, they all have ‘chevers’. So that leaves me as the sole cheverless guy in the household, haha!
Actually, I don’t mind at all. I mean, I’m way past the stage in adolescent (or even adult, in my case now) life wherein not having a date takes its toll on my self-esteem. But a comment from one of my housemates kind of made me think about it. “Ikayung kids, panga-chever yu balat! (Kayong mga bata, andadami niyong chever!)”. Then one of them answered, “Wapin, kuya, ika mu ing ala (Oo nga, kuya, ikaw lang ang wala)”. Wala akong nasabi, haha!
I realized, I do kinda miss that ‘loving feeling’, hehe. I know that my love life’s record is saturated with unrequited love but before the agonizing heartbreaks, the ‘kilig’ feeling period was actually good while they still lasted.
I miss looking forward to see someone, wanting to do things for her, summoning the courage to sort of ‘ask her’ out without knowing for sure if she’s gonna say ‘yes’, etc. Of course, it feels great when the feeling is mutual, but even when it wasn’t, the ‘kilig feeling’ was definitely worth the heartbreak after. Well, I could probably just say so now because I am now completely okay with those horrible periods of my life, haha!
These days, I am pre-occupied in ‘helping others’ get the girl of their dreams. (Ne Mike? Haha!). Like what I’ve mentioned on an old post, I am utterly amazed at the advice or pointers I am able to give out. Sometimes, I don’t even remember what I say, haha! I would have diba-kuya-you-told-me-before moments with my ‘advisees’! It makes me laugh sometimes when I wonder how the hell these kids believe what I say when I myself can’t even get my own chever, hehe!
So for the meantime, my daily sources of kilig moments are my chevering friends. I don’t know, maybe it’s suffice for me while I wait for own perfect turn at chever. Or even true love! Naks, haha!
Pero teka, hindi naman ako nakakapaghahanap, paano na yun? Walang panahon. Waaaa! Haha!

*Chever means, err, actually, I don't know exactly how to define it, haha! Daanin niyo na lang sa context clues, ehe.

My Blog List

Quick Thoughts


Powered By Blogger