Recent Thoughts

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Why I don't blog about my everyday life..

.. Ewan. I just don't feel like it. My life is pretty interesting (at least for me), but I don't think it is interesting enough for other bloggers.

Something interesting does happen to me every now and then. In fact, as they happen, I somehow wish for a fleeting moment that I had a digital camera to capture the moment and blog about it when I get home. But alas, once I am in front of the laptop, I lose the drive to do so.

I have this sort of blogging principle to not blog about what I wouldn't want to read on other people's blogs. So does this mean I don't like reading personal sharing from other bloggers? On the contrary, actually. I actually enjoy reading everyday stories from my links. But I only read those personal accounts whose lives are actually interesting for me, haha!

Blogs of the people whom I personally know are a different case. Most of them just blog about everyday events in their lives but I don't get bored because these are people I actually know in real life. Reading their diary-type posts is even more convenient for me for it allows me to catch up with their lives, especially for those whom I've lost touch with.

I scanned my 200+ posts some weeks ago, and I realized I did have a few personal posts. Re-reading them gave me a harrowing realization, they're such a bore, haha! Which is precisely what I am worried about -- the shelf life of a personal post is quite short. The posts which I excitedly publish thinking it would entice the blogging community will be quite outdated in a few months time.
Unless of course, if I write really really well, in which case my writing skills will save the day. Once, I tried to putting a funny spin on my personal posts to make my uninteresting life events more amusing and entertaining that they actually are. But alas, I can't make them amusing enough without sounding gay, haha! (Why do gays, and baklang girls seem to have the monopoly on comic punchlines?!).

I know I am not supposed to think about what other people will think about my blog, but the problem is, I don't even feel like sharing any minute and irrelevant detail at all. Anyway, the truth is, I don't feel like blogging as often as I used to. Maybe it's just a phase. Wala na rin naman halos nag-cocomment at bumibisita. Well, kamusta naman, tinatamad na rin ako mag-blog-hopping. Grabe! Ewan talaga.

PS. Actually, I wrote this, just to update this blog. Naiinip na ang aking mga natitirang fans, hahaha!... Clearly, I am delusional. (^^,)

My Blog List

Quick Thoughts


Powered By Blogger