Recent Thoughts

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Down with Scott!

And then they were five. Scott’s way overdue departure on American Idol has finally happened! I WISH!

Who will get the boot this week – I will know in around 18 hours from now (11.45pm, April 27). Nami-miss ko na si Nadia. At si Nikko. At si Jessica. At si Lindsey. Haha! Sayang na sayang kasi ang airtime ni Scott at Constantine eh!

Lindsey Cardinale – the eye-candy with a distinct deep voice. Hindi siya pang ultimate American Idol but I wished she stayed longer. Ang sarap kasi sa tenga ng boses niya eh. Ewan ko ba bakit ayaw ng America sa unique and rich voice niya. Nauna pa ng isang linggo si Mikalah.

Jessica Sierra – out of the Top 12, 4th in my personal order. She also has this very soothing voice. I can't see what’s not to like about her. Dahil ba sa medyo malapad niyang panga? Or is it because she bungled the lyrics of the videoke classic Total Eclipse Of The Heart?

Nikko Smith – hindi ko siya favorite pero I do enjoy his performances. Ngayong Recent Hits ang theme, I know that he would’ve had a great performance. His shocking exit is well, a shocker?

Nadia Turner – people always complain about her lack of vocal range – this I can't refute. Diba nga lumalabas na ang mga ugat niya sa leeg kapag bumibirit siya? Unfortunately, she has this knack of choosing songs that aren't very popular. ‘Yan tuloy, natanggal siya, just because she just wanted to ‘keep it real’. Whenever I watched the Results Show when she was booted out, I really feel sad. Kasi, lagi nila sinasabi, “just be yourself, blah blah blah”. Kasi naman si Nadia, super fluctuating ang performances – one week, super galing. Then the following week, super boring naman.

Now, my top 3 favorites are surviving: Carrie, Vonzell & Anthony (in order).

Anthony Fedorov – when I say I like this native of Ukraine, it’s the Rex who used to love mushy boy bands that’s talking. Anthony is like a product of the company that manufactured Westlife, A1 and Five. Good thing though, he isn’t singing any mushy, I-will-love-you-forever-girl stuff. Add the fact na Harry-Potter look-a-like pa siya. Kaya lang, feeling ko underdog siya kina Constantine at Bo. Matatanggap ko na pang-Top 5 lang siya. Pero hindi ko matatanggap na mas mauuna pang umuwi si Anthony kay Scott!

Vonzell Solomon – first time I heard her sing, sabi ko ‘forgettable’. But ever since The Best of My Love, I fell in love with this bubbly lady. I like the aura she exudes whenever she sings – ‘yun bang she’s really having fun. I'm dreaming of a Finale with her and Carrie. But I feel ko si eye-fucking Constantine ang malaking balakid sa panaginip na ito.

Carrie Underwood – perfect mix of beauty and talent. Ang lamang lang ni Vonzell sa kanya ay probably personality. Sabi ko dati, kayang-kaya niya si Constantine. Pero dahil medyo so-so lang siya para sa akin ever since Alone and Independence Day, she might be losing steam.

You must be wondering bakit wala akong individual comments kina Mikalah, Anwar, Scott, Bo at Constantine? Well, di ko sila feel eh. Although I think it’s obvious above that I do hate Mikalah, Constantine and Scott, right? Both Anwar and Bo are talented. Bo isn’t my genre and Anwar is, boring?

Ma-download nga muna ang mga Top 6 performances. Sana sa susunod kong blog. Ako ay nagbubunyi na ako na wala na si Scott!

DOWN WITH SCOTT!

My Blog List

Quick Thoughts


Powered By Blogger