Recent Thoughts

Thursday, March 16, 2006

A Gray Person You're Not

"Normally, good guys wear white, bad guys wear black. But we soon learn that bad guys don't always look so bad, sometimes, they even seem downright friendly. That is, until you get to know them a little better. It's not always easy to distinguish the good from the bad guys. Sinners can surprise you, same is true for saints. Why do we try to define people as simply good or simply evil? Because no one wants to admit that compassion and cruelty can live side by side in one heart. And that anyone is capable of anything.."
-Mary Alice Young, Desperate Housewives, Season 2, Episode 9

Mariz: Haay, Ronnie, huwag mo na ngang iisipin iyun.
Ronnie: Pwede ba iyun?
Mariz: Haay... May tao talagang ganun.
Ronnie: Alam kong may mga taong ganun. Hindi ko lang maisip na isa siya sa mga iyun.. (oo nga eh, anlake mong engot!).. Ano ba kasing ginawa ko? Ano bang ginawa kong kasalanan?
Mariz: Haay, hindi iyun eh. Eh Anong balak mo?
Ronnie: Basta, no more Mr. Nice Guy.
Mariz: Oy oy, ayan ka na naman. Ano na naman binabalak mo? Don't do something na pagsisisihan mo in the end.
Ronnie: Hehe, basta. Wala naman akong binabalak. Basta kung dati, I still go out of my way para intindihin siya, ngayon hindi na.

“Hay, don’t waste your precious time on someone who is so narrow-minded and so pathetic. Huwag mo nang pagtuunang pansin ang mga taong walang utang na loob at makapal. Life is complicated enough without him in it. So, pabayaan mo na lang siya. Bahala na siya sa buhay niya. Huwag lang siyang makalapit-lapit kapag magka-problema na siya dahil sa mga pinanggagagawa niya. He’s NOT WORTH all the trouble..”
-Miss Iceland

“Grabe! Sobrang medyo stupid na lagi lagi na lang siya nakikinig kung kani-kanino, like wala siyang sariling isip! Grrr! From the start, you’ve been nothing but a great friend to him. Sobrang kapal and ungrateful!”
- ESC Chairperson

This is the last time I'm gonna say anything about you. Ooooh, if only I can release all these angst-ridden words I have for you right now. But I won’t, for your sake and for your Mr. Goody-Two-Shoes-Help-Me-I'm-Cute reputation. Bahala na si God sa iyo. But just in case you or your good friends read this, know that I regret every good deed I did for you. I regret going out of my way to make life easier for you (at least as much as a well-meaning friend can do). I can only cringe so much for ever thinking you’re not what people say you are, for ever pleading them to give you a chance. I may say "Hey, musta?" or nod at you when I see you, but know that deep inside, whenever I see you, I'm thinking in wonder of how some piece of work you are, of how much I actually pity you for your disillusions. More than the anger for the injustice done, is the painful realization of being a fool for you. I may not be as strong in the ways you think are important, but I tell you, I know which battles to fight, and I always play to my strengths. Pasensyahan na lang, ha. Have a good life, good luck. Coupled with your innocent charm, sheer luck is the only thing you have working for you.

______________

By the way, may erratum po ang previous blogs ko. Sa mga paranoid diyan, kayo na bahalang maghanap. Sa mga clueless what all this is about, worry not, thank God you don't know a thing. =)

My Blog List

Quick Thoughts


Powered By Blogger