Recent Thoughts

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Wikwakwokwok!

That is the sound of a transforming Transformer (ano daw?!). And it's now my message tone! Hehe!

Obviously, I join the scores of people who immensely enjoyed Transformers. I was supposed to watch it this week with orgmates. But I was considerably idle last Saturday so I was itching so much to finally watch it. The ultra rave reviews I read on the forums further weakened my EQ, haha!

It was around 4pm, so understandably, it was SRO at the cinema where I watched the movie. I was standing at the back for about 90% of the movie. But I didn't mind, for the movie I was watching was definitely breath-taking.

You see, I am not really a hardcore cartoon or comic fan of the Transformers. But deep in the dungeons of my childhood memories, I know that I used to watch the cartoons. But I have already forgotten the plot and even the characters. Only the names Optimus Prime and Megatron got stuck in my stock knowledge storage. So the past few days, I've been catching up on the Transformers history. So that when I'd watch the movie, I wouldn't be completely clueless.

When it comes to superhero movies, I prefer ensemble casts (X-Men, Fantastic Four, etc) than singular heroes or heroins (Spider-man, Superman, etc). I like the way different characters offer something different that contribute to the kick-ass-ness of their adventure. That's probably why I like Transformers way better than Spider-man 3 and Shrek The 3rd combined.

The effects are truly impressive -- the robots, their transition to battle mode, the explosions, the fight scenes. It is safe to say that the true stars of the movies are the robots themselves (dapat lang diba? Hehe!). But the human cast were a great support. Plus, I like the way they inserted humor on various parts of the movie. There was this one particular scene in the movie that was so hilarious. I won't say which one, but if you watch it yourself, you'll know it's the scene I am talking about, haha! Ansarap niyang gawing wallpaper! Just watching it brings forth adrenaline rush. The only minor thing I didn't like is that some parts are too fast-paced, my eyes and brain could barely catch up with what's happening

I don't discuss any story detail from the movie that I liked, lest I spoil you my dear reader, in case you haven't watched it yet. Plus, you're probably sick and tired of blog posts like this raving about the Transformers, hehe.

Basta, watch it! It is definitely worth the expensive movie ticket these days. Pirated copies won't give it justice at all. In fact, it's so good, I'd watch it again on the big screen. And after you watch it, you'd wish your car would transform itself, too, haha!

PS. And I love the way the romantic angle between the human leads was ONLY given THAT MUCH emphasis. This is not A Walk To Remember, anyway, haha!

PSS. Megan Fox is soooo hoooot! In a butt-spanking kind of way! Haha! Shia, on the other hand, aptly portrays the regular guy who gets the hot girl.

My Blog List

Quick Thoughts


Powered By Blogger