Recent Thoughts

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Tagged!... Again

Been tagged by Charlene! So now I have to share 6 weird things about me. Actually, matagal ko nang nababasa sa mga blogs tong chain na to eh, nagtataka nga ako bakit ngayon lang ako na-tag, haha! =p

1. I'm a geography freak. I actually find fulfillment in memorizing world capitals and knowing the right pronunciation of cities and countries. Haha! When I was a child, the volumes of letter F, W and U are always missing in the cabinet of our 1975 World Book Encyclopedia set – F as in flags, W for world and U for United Nations. One summer dahil wala akong magawa, I read the articles of each country in the encyclopedia volumes in alphabetical order, from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe. Grabe, it’s actually my idea of fun, haha! Plus, it actually amazes me when I look at maps. Ewan ko, I'm able to imagine things more than what the map shows, hehe.

2. I maintain an Excel file of my expenses. I always get the bewildered and amused look when friends see me accounting my daily expenses on my laptop. As in ultimo pinang-paphotocopy ko na worth P1.25 ay nakalista. In my ‘book’ (that’s what they call tables of expenses in accounting, diba?) is divided into weekly expenses, weekly savings, monthly savings and others. Why do I do it? Para alam ko kung kailang ko na bang mag-skip ng lunch dahil kailangan ko nang magtipid dahil malapit nang maubos ang pera ko for the week, haha! I get my allowance on a monthly basis eh, so I have to check how much I spend the practically all the time, if I don’t want to run out of money before the next remittance from my parents.

3. I have the gift for making people tell. Haha! Kaya ang tawag sa akin ­­– Chismis King, hehe! It’s not like I approach people and say, “hoy, ano na ba ang latest!”. More often than not, people approach me themselves to share sensitive stuff. A lot of times, I'm not even involved in the issue. Minsan naman, kung may gusto talaga ako malaman, madalas napipilit ko yung tao, hehe. I'm not aware of this curse/gift until a friend pointed it out when I asked if it’s my fault that I know a lot of stuff about a lot of people (kasi kung minsan, hindi ko naman ginusto na malaman ang ilang mga bagay). She said that I have this aura that one can tell me anything. Parang nang-hihypnotize daw ako na ‘come on, tell me!’ Haha!

4. I remember people’s clothes. Matandain akong tao, though minsan ay mga useless information lang naman tulad ng kung anong suot ng isang tao sa isang okasyon. Haha! Usually, on significant occasions or events, natatandaan ko kung anong suot ng mga friends ko. But I'm not the type who intentionally memorizes the wardrobe of the people around me. Ewan ko ba, basta unconsciously, I am able to recall what people wear. Kahit sa sarili kong damit, marami akong naaalalang pangyayari. For example, I still know the shirt, pants and shoes I was wearing when I was dumped by ****. That’s why whenever I wear that shirt, I feel the sort of negative nostalgia about the shirt. Hehe. =p

5. Hindi ako nagpapatis or nagtotoyo. Hindi naman sa maarte ako or what ha. Pero sa mga ulam na usually patis or toyo ang perfect na ka-partner, iodized salt ang gamit ko. Haha! Allergic kasi ako sa patis, nag-dadry at nangangati ang lips ko. Hindi naman ako allergic sa toyo, pero hindi ko lang talaga nakagisnan na gumamit nito. Sobrang rare lang ako mag-toyo – kapag ang ulam ay inihaw na bangus. Napipilitan din ako mag-toyo kung walang barbecue sauce at barbecue ang ulam. And another thing, I prefer Worcestershire sauce than soy sauce. O diba, sersyal! Haha!

6. I watch movies alone. Alam kong nasa About Me sa left sidebar ko na ito, so eexplain ko na lang. So yun nga, I am able to watch movies alone. Hindi ako yung tipo ng tao na malulungkot manood ng sine na mag-isa. Minsan nga, mas okay yun eh. Basta may pera ako and I feel this sudden urge to watch a certain movie, manonood ako kahit wala akong mayaya na kasama.

Like previous tags, hindi na rin ako mag-tatag nang kung sinu-sino. Comment kayo ha! Gusto ko madaming-madaming comments, haha!
Kahit weird comments! =p

My Blog List

Quick Thoughts


Powered By Blogger