Recent Thoughts

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Ask The King! Yet Again

INSTRUCTIONS: Ask anything! And I will summon all the power that I have to answer your question. Anything goes. You can ask for my opinion on something. You can ask a hypothetical question. You can ask a beauty pagaent question! Or one of those controversial forbidden questions that Mo Twister asks, hehe! You can even ask for a completely objective advice, haha! =p Or maybe ask anything about me. I will edit this post to write my answers to the questions as I read them.

This is the third time I am gonna do this. For the first installment of answers, read here. For the second installment, read here.

Anyway, I would have to go on a short blog leave. Gawd, I used to find it corny when bloggers announce a 'blog leave' or a 'blog hiatus'. I used to think it's just a maneuver to attract attention, haha! And now I am doing it. Anyway, my real world is a whirlwind of stress and agony and I don't wanna bore you with it. So you just might as well throw in those interesting questions for me to answer! I'll update the answers here as you ask. I had 12 questions the first time, then 21 on the second. Come on, all you fans of mine, wherever you are! If you even exist. Let's break the record, hehe..

PS. Ask as many questions as you can. Thanks!

The answers!:
26.
What do you think is the single most defining trait that distinguishes a Kampampangan from other ethno-centric groups here in the Philippines?
We Kapampangans are most famous for our great-tasting cuisine. But if you want to spot a Kapampangan in a crowd, choose the person with the loudest voice or the most talkative one. Most likely, that person is a Kapampangan. Unless of course, if he's gay -- for we all know that our gay friends ARE always loud and talkative, regardless of region of origin, hehe! Mas lalu na kung grupo pa yung maingay. Most likely, Kapampangan sila. I should know, me and my orgmates are always have something to talk about, lalu na kapag nasa jeep kami at papunta somewhere. It's like we have our own world at wala kaming pakialam kung sensitive man ang pinag-uusapan namin, kasi hindi naman naiintindihan ng ibang tao, hehe. (June 17)

25.
Sino at ano si Rex?? Some things na di alam ng tao about you? ~Jochie
Hmm.. There's so much to tell then, hehe. Here's the link to my Johari window. (June 16)

24. Wala lang, na-curious lang ako. Mahilig ka bang mag-dasal? ~Someone
You probably read the Depression prayer I posted before this one and the St Jude Novena I have on my right sidebar. What defines a prayer anyway? Does it have to be the usual standard ones or a well versed ones? I consider talking to Him as a prayer, and since I often talk to myself and Him, then, I guess you can say, "mahilig ako mag-dasal". But I am not the preachy yell-if-you-love-Jesus type at all. (June 16)

23. Can you really say that you love a person if you don't have experiences of it before? Kasi, how will you say na love na pala yung nararamdaman mo kung 'di mo pa siya naeexperience dati? Parang wala kang pagbabasehan. ~Kebs
Apparently, love is one of those things that you'd just realize you're feeling already. Napatunayan ko na yung chismis na, "You'll just know". Hehe! Basta, you'll just know. I think the signs differ for different people.

22. Kapag binasted ka ba ng isang babae, pwede pa bang magbago isip niya? ~Jay
Oo naman. You see it in the movies. I know some people. Case to case basis naman talaga. Sometimes, the attraction is there at first, may ibang mga dahilan lang bakit nabasted yung guy. Tapos eventually, mapapatunayan ng guy yung worth niya. Pero kapag walang attraction sa simula pa lang, nako, mas mahabahabang kayod iyun. Not impossible, but definitely not an easy mission. (June 16)

21.
Masama ba talagang tingnan kung ang isang tao na ang tingin sa iyo ay kaibigan ay liligawan mo? ~Jay
Hindi naman. But it's stupid and useless, me thinks lang naman. Eh ayaw nga diba, bakit pa ipipilit. (June 16)

20.
Puwede ba talagang "upgrade" ang "friendship" to "love"? ~Jay
Oo naman. Personally, lovers are friends, diba? When I am forced to define love, I would say, "Love is friendship with lust". Pero isang malaking BUT -- it's not always wise to upgrade friendship to love. Maraminh factors, timing, compatibility, among many others. (June 16)

19. Do good things really last? ~Jae
Just like everything else, no. Sayang no? Hehe. Based from experience and a testimony to Murphy's Law, what could go wrong, will go wrong. I just try to savor the good moments, while they last. Sometimes, I lump them together to increase their overall effect, hehe. Kunwari, mga sunud-sunod na gimik. Or when you're in a good mood, don't do anything that you know will ruin the moment as long as you can help it. On the bright side, bad things don't last either. Diba? (June 15)

18. H
ave you tried to build a wall around you just to know who among your friends will try to break it? ~edgar
I would have to say NO as well. But the thing is, I have this default network of walls, hehe. Only those who are able to break it can be my friends. The inner the wall you break, the closer we are. Oha. (June 14)

17. What's the thin line that separates flirting from courting? ~Maan
That's easy. Gusto mo example pa eh, haha! Definition by juxtaposition namu! Flirting is a word that starts with an 'a'. While courting is a word that starts with a 'j'. Hahaha! Joke.. Flirting and courting involves the same actions. It's the intentions that differ. (June 12)

16.
Talaga bang halos lahat ng magaganda eh inipon sa Pampanga at Tarlac? ~Jay
Haha! Good observation. A proof of that is that we seem to have produced more beauty queens and artistas than any other region in the Philippines outside Metro Manila. Although Cebu might beat us when it comes to producing singers, hehe! Sa totoo lang, I have no idea why so. Maybe because of Clark Zone? Dahil maraming nabuntis na local women ang mga US soldiers? Hehe! (June 11)

15.
Gaano katagal bago pwede ligawan ang isang babae na hiniwalayan ng matagal niyang kasintahan? ~Jay
I don't think there is an exact time limit. But personally, I think 1 month is too soon. Although case-to-case basis din yan. Courtship is not an exact science anyway. Some people think (myself included), they have a good grasp of the science, pero sometimes, things blow up in their faces, haha! If for sure, kung ayaw sa iyo, wala kang magagawa. (Based from what I observe from my friends' experiences) Being aggresive works for some but not for all. It's the same with being too eager. I personally think dating in our culture is harder. Unlike in the Western culture where hook-ups (serious and casual ones) can be easily started by buying a hot girl a drink. Pero sa atin, mas marami pa rin ang pa-Maria Clara (and more often than not, they're the ones who are the bigger catch) kaysa sa mga 'game'. Pero ganun siguro talaga. Us guys have to work harder to prove ourselves, kasi nga these girls are so worth it. (June 11)

14.
Kung pwede pa isa, sino ang Top 10 Emerging Influential Blogs para sayo? ~Coy
Oh, I've heard of this one. Pwede separate post na lang? Hehe. By the way, for my personal info, see my About Me on the left sidebar. Ayan, linipat ko na sa taas para sa iyo, hehe. Hindi nga naman kita sa ilalim. Anyway, YOU are on my Top 10, if ever. Why? Syempre, emerging trend eh. And I like your speaking voice, pang-DJ. Oha, hehe (June 10)!

13. Finally, what country would you most like to visit (other than Ireland )and why? ~Jigs
Expectedly, Scandinavian states, New Zealand, Switzerland for the magical landscapes. Singapore for the shopping. Maldives for its beach. South Africa for its animals. Japan for the bullet trains! Italy for its pizza and pasta! And the United States (Los Angeles and New York) and the United Kingdom for Hollywood and my favorite popstars, haha! (June 10)

12.
What nationality would like to be other than Filipino? ~Jigs
Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Kiwi, Irish, Danish or Swiss. Why? Aside from the magnificent landscapes and sceneries in these countries, they're known to have a disciplined society. They're not that powerful like the US, France, Germany or Russia, but who cares? Most powerful countries are arrogant and half-abusive to Third World countries anyway. Plus, the I hear that the cheese in the Scandinavian countries are delicious, haha! Not to mention the chocolates in Switzerland, haha! (June 10)

11.
If you were to name a country what would it be? ~Jigs
Oh I don't know. How about Beauford? Kaya lang, it sounds more like a city than a country noh? Kingsland? Nako, parang pangalan ng building. Haha!
Speaking of a name of a country, what if the Bangsamoro Republic would became a separate country from the Philippines?
Imagine if it joins an international beauty pageant. It might go like this, "The first runner-up is.. Venezuela... Bangsamoro! You are the new Miss Universe!!" And if we have the Binibining Pilipinas, would they call their local qualifying pageant as Binibining Bangsamoro? Not that I am demeaning our Muslim brothers in the south and their Muslim culture. It's just it sounds interesting, doesn't it? (June 10)

10.
Being a geography buff and all, what country do you think has the most interesting name? ~Jigs
Honestly, speaking, I don't have much background info of the the etymologies of the names of countries. So I don't really know which ones are interesting, as most countries are named after its local people / tribes anyway. Pero kung sa pronunciation (that's why I always enjoy the introduction of countries during beauty pageants! Haha!), I always lurve saying the hard ones: Tanzania (tan-zeyn-ya, not tan-za-nia) or Liechtenstein. (June 10)

9. What is the E-word? ~Elma
Experience. Pero hindi yung tipo ng experience na tinutukoy ni Jay. Yung green experience. Haha! Pwede rin 'egg cell'. Kasi, kung may anak siya, mas malamang kaysa hinde, hindi siya baog.
(June 10)

8. Ano ang pinakaiinisan mong ginagawa ng mga bloggers? Hehe! ~Poli
When ask for link exchanges but they don't visit, comment or even tag sa blog mo. That really annoys me. Hindi ko nga pinapansin eh. Apparently, hindi nila nababasa eto sa sidebar ko: "For link exchanges, well, just come by here often, and I'd be glad to link you up. The Golden Rule applies in the bloggosphere too, you know. =)" And when they code switch so much when they narrate their activities for the day. Naiisip ko kasi kapag ganoon, "Oh so? Eh ano naman kung ginawa mo yan?" Pero kung may pag-mumuni-muni after or may kasaling lessons learned sa post, buti pa yun. Ayoko ko kasi nang wala akong value na nakukuha sa isang blog. Gusto ko, either matawa ako sa post or matutunan ako from that person's experience.
(June 10)

7. Makikipag-siping ka ba kay Madame Auring kapalit ng 500 milyong piso? ~Poli
Honestly? Hmmm.. P500-M.. Hmmm.. OO! Haha! Pero pwedeng makipag, you know, muna ako sa iba? Ayoko naman na ang pers taym ko ay kay Madam Auring, haha! Tapos, pwedeng naka-blind fold ako? Tapos hihiga lang ako, bahala sila kung anong gusto niyang gawin sa akin.
(June 10)

6. Kamusta ka na?! ~Rob
Everthing sucks but I am doing just fine, hehe! Nako, mali.. certain things suck lang pala (baka sabihin ni Lord, exag ako). Still alive! And blogging.. and stuck in college.. *sigh* As for you blog-related questions, I have no idea, haha! Nakakainggit nga ang mga iba nating kakilala sa bloggosphere na puro .com or .net na ang mga URLs! Haha! After a year, eto, .blogspot pa rin tayo, hehe..
(June 10)

5. Bakit kaya, nakakatuwa kang tao? ~Mats
Hahaha! Ikaw lang naman yata ang natatawa sa akin.. Wushu, pa-humble pa eh no. Seriously, err, ewan. Syempre, I try to joke around, tease people, throw punchlines here and there. Madalas, lalo na sa mga kakilala ko, 'headshot' daw. Sapul na sapul daw ang mga hirit ko. I like it when I am able to make people laugh. But I don't consider myself as a comedian or someone who constantly provides comic relief in a say a party or gathering. Pumapunchline at humihirit lang talaga ako every now and then.. (June 10)

4. Pinakamabigat na problemang pinagdaanan mo sa UP? ~Jochie

To be achieve the 'dismissed' status for many times. And the waiting for the results of the appeal is ALWAYS agonizing. Studying in UP is the best and worst thing that happened to my life. But someday, when I look back on all of this, I won't regret a single thing. Okay, maybe I will regret a few things, hehe. Like being a buddy, a friend and a brother to certain people. It's personal, don't ask. I know someone who knows someone who knows them and they read this blog. Hehe! And syempre, yung mga times na sana hindi ako nag-cram. (June 10)

3. Is the King inlab? ~
Din-din
Haha! A very direct question. And the direct answer is NO. Walang panahon. Haha! Pero kung sa ganda lang, andaming maganda sa tabi-tabi. Basta, may panahon para sa lab lab na yan. May aayusin lang ako. =)
(June 9)

2. Kung ang comment mo sa isang blog ay no comment, comment pa ba tawag dun? ~Jay
Nako, Philo 11 question na naman, haha! Hmm. Using 'NO' is just a negation of something diba, but it doesn't mean that something does not exist. Putek, corny answer to a corny question, haha!
(June 9)

1. Ok lang ba na manligaw ng single mom? ~Jay
Frankly it's not an issue for me. Basta ba gusto mo yung girl at seryoso ka. Ngayon kung hot mama pa siya, edi mas astig! Haha! And since she's a mom already, it means she doesn't lack in, you know... the E-word. Haha! But yes, the extra child makes the situation more complicated. I guess para ka na rin nanliligaw ng dalawang tao, yung hot mama at yung anak. Teka?! In-lab ka na naman?! Grabe, wala akong masabi! Buwan-buwan na lang ay inlab ka, hehe.. (June 9)

My Blog List

Quick Thoughts


Powered By Blogger