Recent Thoughts

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Blogs Galore! 17: Luid ya ing Kapampangan

KAPAMPANGAN KU

If you care to check my profile on this blog's left sidebar, you'd know that I am a Kapampangan. I was born and raised in City of San Fernando, Pampanga. When I had to live in Quezon City for college, I was literally a 'probinsyano' in the city. But adjustment wasn't so hard of me. Because firstly, San Fernando is pretty urbanized, and secondly, there were a lot of other probinsyanos around me in the university. Of course, during freshman year, the topic of where one came from and from what high school one graduated from often comes up. Of course, I would proudly say that I am from Pampanga. I didn't mind if all these kids from the metro seem to be the cooler ones because they know the ins and outs of the city. I never felt that us people from the province where the strange, backward people that local movies often portray. For I knew that we have a huge advantage over these more urbanized spoiled brats -- we can speak 3 languages, Filipino, English and our native dialect (Kapampangan in my case). Ha! It sure is fun whenever me and my Kapampangan orgmates would converse in Kapampangan and the people around us do not have any idea. Sometimes even, we talk about them! Haha!
To be a proud Kampangan, it sure helps that there are a lot of famous Kapampangans - the Aquinos, Jose Abad Santos, the Macapagals, Apl de Ap of the Black Eyed Peas and Efren Bata Reyes. And of course more recently, Aljur Abrenica of Starstruck fame and Ronnie Liang of Pinoy Dream Academy.

If you want to know more about the Kampangan culture in a not so boring way, visit the blog of Jason AKA Kamaru. At such a young age, he's such an advocate of our rich culture. At wag kayo, malayong pinsan ko pala siya, hehe!


__________
AMONG ED for GOVERNOR

You've probably heard in the news that a priest is running for governor in our province. Yes, the Church's intervention in state affairs and politics can be irritating at times, but not in this case. For almost a decade now, Pampanga has been ruled by supposed leaders with questionable competence. And in the upcoming elections, two shady and powerful characters are running for the top post at the capitol. It seemed that us Kapampangans had to choose the lesser of two evils. That is, until Among Ed Panlilio decided to run. Of course, it's pretty obvious that I'd be voting for this guy. I cannot stress enough how detrimental the Quarry Prince and Jueteng First-Lady are to the Kapampangan people. So if you are reading this and you are a Kapampangan, please vote for Among Ed. Unless of course if you're underaged or you weren't able to register as a voter. Nevertheless, ask your family and friends to vote for him. Please help us do a Padaca in Pampanga.

For more information:
http://edpanlilio.blogspot.com
http://www.amonged.org

__________
IRREPLACEABLE

I am sure that you've heard of Beyonce Knowles' Irreplaceable. It's such a catchy R&B tune, right? It never is easy, but it's such an enjoyable song to sing along to. Imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon the Kapampangan version of Irreplaceable thru Kamaru's blog. The version was performed (and probably translated as well) by a female duo who calls themselves Mernuts.

Check it out:


If you're not Kapampangan, I am sure you won't understand and you probably think it's baduy and you wouldn't appreciate it. But coming from someone who can understand it, it actually is quite cool. Ampo syempre, buri keng pag-maragul, diba?

My Blog List

Quick Thoughts


Powered By Blogger