Recent Thoughts

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Holy Week Thoughts

The Holy Week is already about to end and I haven’t posted anything holy yet. But the truth of the matter is, my week hasn’t been exceptionally holy. Here's why...

Palm Sunday – As always, I woke up late. So while the rest of the household went to hear Mass, I was still dreaming. Don’t worry though, I still went to Mass in the evening, after watching the touching interview of James Yap and Kris Aquino on The Buzz. In fairness, I wasn’t late. But it's because the priest was. The 6.30pm Mass started at 6.50pm. Sadly enough, there were no palms in sight that night. So my Palm Sunday didn’t really felt like a Palm Sunday. The highlight of the evening was when Kuya Dens let me drive our car home – alone. I was half-nervous and half-excited. I may have managed to take it home without a scratch, but my test-drive wasn’t without a funny incident. I was smoothly running, passing by people who walked home from the church when I noticed that a number of them were throwing weird looks at me. I realized it was because my headlights were off! Imagine driving in the night without lights. My alibi? It's because I could still see. Haha! I really still don’t have the instincts of a driver.

Holy Monday – Wednesday­­­ – Like I said, nothing holy these days. From Monday to Tuesday, I went to UP to attend to some stuff and thingies. I even had dinner with orgmates at The Old Spaghetti House. I didn’t really do anything special – I continued fixing this blog (I changed templates) and of course, I watched American Idol (yey! Bye bye Bucky!).

Maundy Thursday – Now for today, I did something holy after all. My buddy Kristle came by our house today, and asked me to scan an envelope of pictures that she needed for a presentation. Then I trekked to Angeles to hear mass at the Holy Rosary Cathedral with Cyrille and Porshe. Our gang was supposed to have Bisita Iglesiatogether but since we didn’t have a car and a driver, it didn’t push through. It’s my first time to spend a holy day with friends and not family. After dinner at KFC, we visited Carmelite (Here's a link for a Novena to Our Lady of Mount Carmel). It was my first time there and Ate Joi said that I'm supposed to be entitled to three wishes. True or not, I still prayed there as fervently as I could for the miracle that I needed in my life right now.

Good Friday – Again, on the day of the Lord’s death, nothing holy. The holiest thing I did all day was watch Mel Gibson’s The Passion: Recut on Star Movies. And like in the first time I watched it on the big screen, I cried. =). Yup, I'm not ashamed that I did. It would actually be more shameful if I didn’t, right? “Love your enemies… Forgive them…,” says Jesus in one of the scenes (not exact words). And I couldn’t feel but cry yet again. It was right then that I realized that I need to truly let go of all the hatred, anger and resentment I have for certain people in my life. My further thoughts on this are better left typed out loud on another post. =)

And so here I am, doing a recap of my Holy Week so far. Yeah, I admit, I haven’t done my own personal share of penitence and sacrifice (well, except for the fact that I didn’t eat meat today, whoopie). Unless it would count if I haven’t been forwarding green jokes to my Globe friends, all week, hehe. In lieu of jokes, I’ve been forwarding quotes that are more appropriate for the observation of the meaning of this week. At least I still have tomorrow to try and think of something to still make this a meaningful week for me. Hey, how about, sleeping and waking up earlier than usual? Yeah, I think I would do just that. I think it is divine intervention that I woke up with a runny nose today. It means I'm nursing an imminent cold. That’s why I don’t have the energy to stay up until 5am surfing the internet. At least now I can make an itsy bitsy sacrifice of tuning my busted body clock to the time zone of where I live. At least now I have extra time to reflect. Have a blessed weekend, everyone!

My Blog List

Quick Thoughts


Powered By Blogger