Recent Thoughts

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Bring On The Pain

“Science answers questions in life like – why the sky is blue, why plants need CO2 and why lightning strikes. But can it answer why gravity can't make people we love fall for us?”

I received this text quote this morning and eventually forwarded it myself to my own friends. At first, I just thought it was cute. I mean after all, science has been able to answer a lot of what used to be unanswerable questions. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if it also able to answer everyday queries that actually affect us to the very core of hearts? For sure naman, hindi ka sasagutin nang diretso ni God, diba? Itanong ba science? Hehe. But just moments ago, while watching an episode of Grey’s Anatomy, I suddenly wondered why life has to be so full of painful ironies.

I wish I could try to answer this question, like we bloggers would normally do when these kind of thoughts clutter our mind, right? But as I think about my own life’s ironies, I realized the mere act of remembering them, well, are painful to a degree that it’s better to not just relive them even just in your mind.

Damn that 18th episode of Grey’s Anatomy Season 2, haha! Andami kasi niyang subplots na tumagos sa puso’t damdamin ko, hehe. There’s the you-love-each-other-but-you-can't-be-together angle, and more – secret-lover-masquerading-as-your-best-friend-unrequited-love, I-wanna-say-how-much-you’ve-hurt-me, how-could-you-do-that-to-me, no-matter-what-I-do-you’ll-never-love-me-back-again, how-come-you-can-forgive-the-others-and-not-me. Haay naku, kailangan ba talagang ipaalala ang mga nakaraan? Haha! Ayan tuloy, medyo nalungkot ako.

The scapegoat would always be this: everything happens for a reason. It’s the classic answer to every question in life that does not make sense, right? It’s so easy to leave everything to destiny.

Geesh, I can't even think of a way how to decently end this post. Somehow, I'm supposed to offer some sort of solution to the problem at hand diba? Hehe. But no, I hate to use the scapegoat. I honestly don’t have the slightest idea why life is so full of painful ironies. They just happen. Sometimes, the pain just keeps getting worse.

Like Meredith said in Grey’s Anatomy:

“Pain, you just have to ride it out, hoping it goes out on its own, hope that the wound that caused it heals. There are no solutions, no easy answers. You just breathe deep and wait for it to subside. Most of the time, pain can be managed. But sometimes, pain gets you when you least expect it. It’s way below the belt, and doesn’t let up. Pain, you just have to fight through. Because the truth is, you can't outrun it, and life always makes more..”

My Blog List

Quick Thoughts


Powered By Blogger