Recent Thoughts

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Save the cheerleader, save the world

Thanks to my friends at EEE, I have another US TV series to watch! Drumrolls please! HEROES!

So for those with no idea, it's a new NBC drama television series where the characters have superpowers. Uhm, yeah, I guess you could say it's much like X-Men. But not necessarily. Well, for starters, the mutants don't wear costumes just yet, the story arc starts where the mutants slowly but surely realize their powers. The title of this post is a famous quote from one of the episodes. I think it's a combination of Charmed and X-Men, which I both very like. Anyway, for more info check its Wiki page.


So whose power I like the most? Naku, it's hard to choose! Each featured power has its own perks. When you can heal yourself, you're almost invincible -- nothing could hurt you. When you can draw the future or read people's minds, well, you'd never be clueless. In terms of usefulness in a combat, telepathy isn't much help. Even if you are aware of your enemy's fight plan, it only helps you on the defense but not on your offense. But since it is most useful in everyday life, telepathy has always been my favorite power. Even in X-Men, I have always admired the power of Professor X and Jean Grey. Haha! Which goes to prove how wussy I am! =p I love knowing things, because it pays to be in the know. Whether it be facts in science or technology or simple gossips from other peoples' lives, haha!

Unfortunately, I don't think any local cable channel airs this TV series so far. It only premiered in the US last September 2006. But for those with high-speed internet connection and are fond of torrents, I highly recommend this! =p

My Blog List

Quick Thoughts


Powered By Blogger