Recent Thoughts

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Blogs Galore! 14

WOOOOSH!.. OR NOT

So today, they declared no classes all over Metro Manila for all levels due to supertyphoon Reming. Geesh, I can so feel the rain and the wind right now. As of this writing, I don't know where Reming is, or if she is even strong indeed. One thing is for sure though, she is not in the greater Metro Manila area, for not one drop of rain has fallen. Well, at least here at the UP Diliman Campus. The worst thing the skies can come up with is a very grey and cloudy natural ceiling. And even that is not bad at all. At least hindi mainit. This is one suspension of classes that I didn't like at all. Not to mention that it was in effect, uhm, stupid. I mean no disrespect for whoever suspended the classes, for I am sure they only did that because they had the general public's safety in mind, just because they were informed that there's this threatening supertyphoon .

UPDTATE: I just checked the news. As of 1.17pm, Signal #2 is up for Metro Manila. I don't know if I should laugh or what.

__________
MORE ON THE TWINS DEATH


Yeah, I still am not over my colleagues' tragic death. Their burial was yesterday. I really feel bad that I wasn't able to visit their wake. Haay. Our high school teacher told me that 5 priests officiated their burial mass, including our former Archbishop himself. O diba, astig! Hehe. And apparently, everyone in the church was crying and they were kissing their coffins. Oh diba, I told you guys so, the twins are, uhm, legendary? Basta, I know you get what I mean. And the tragic news was actually more widespread than I thought. Even my fellow Kapampangan students in Diliman who weren't from DBA knew about it. Apparently, Camille, the twins' younger sister, was a batchmate for many of my orgmates and other Kapampangan friends. And even they had fond memories of the twins. And for more aww-and-sadness factor, I learned that Peter had a girlfriend just 1 week before their demise. Grabe noh? They weren't even able to celebrate even a monthsary. Another interesting observation: people who search for news about their death are actually led to my humble post for them. I actually had 10 hits related to their death. I even had comments from people who knew them from the School of Economics.
To everyone who read my last post and sympathized with me, on behalf of the twins (gosh, as if I've had a recent talk with them eh no? hehe), thanks for the prayers. Though I actually doubt if they need it. They were REALLY GOOD people. They should've been up there with God days ago! Hehe!
To my fellow bloggers who are still in high school, enjoy the company of your batchmates this early. You'll never be sure who among you will not be able to make it to your batch's reunion 10 years or even just 5 years from now. Even those classmates of yours that you never really liked, be nice to them even if they're not. Because how you treated them during your high school years will stay with them for life, especially if you would go to different paths.

__________
MORE CHRISTMAS CHEER!

I've finished decorating the first floor of our apartment. Here are the pics. Credit isn't completely mine. Thanks to our orgmate Yek, for helping us out. We have trios of falling vines on all four corners of the room, hehe.

My Blog List

Quick Thoughts


Powered By Blogger