Recent Thoughts

Monday, July 17, 2006

Friendly, intelligent, knowledgeable, sensible, organized and trustworthy..

In short, I'm a guy who'll always be stuck in the friends zone, haha!

Arena

(known to self and others)

helpful, reflective, sentimental, trustworthy, wise, witty

Blind Spot

(known only to others)

able, accepting, adaptable, bold, caring, cheerful, clever, complex, confident, dependable, dignified, extroverted, friendly, giving, happy, idealistic, independent, ingenious, intelligent, kind, knowledgeable, logical, loving, mature, modest, observant, organised, powerful, proud, religious, responsive, searching, self-assertive, self-conscious, sensible, silly, spontaneous, warm

Façade

(known only to self)

Unknown

(known to nobody)

brave, calm, energetic, introverted, nervous, patient, quiet, relaxed, shy, sympathetic, tense

All Percentages

able (3%) accepting (3%) adaptable (10%) bold (17%) brave (0%) calm (0%) caring (6%) cheerful (17%) clever (20%) complex (6%) confident (10%) dependable (27%) dignified (13%) energetic (0%) extroverted (3%) friendly (44%) giving (3%) happy (10%) helpful (10%) idealistic (3%) independent (10%) ingenious (6%) intelligent (34%) introverted (0%) kind (3%) knowledgeable (34%) logical (6%) loving (3%) mature (6%) modest (3%) nervous (0%) observant (13%) organised (31%) patient (0%) powerful (6%) proud (3%) quiet (0%) reflective (3%) relaxed (0%) religious (3%) responsive (13%) searching (3%) self-assertive (13%) self-conscious (6%) sensible (34%) sentimental (13%) shy (0%) silly (6%) spontaneous (13%) sympathetic (0%) tense (0%) trustworthy (31%) warm (3%) wise (24%) witty (13%)

Created by the Interactive Johari Window on 17.7.2006, using data from 29 respondents.


__________
It's been a month after I set up my Johari window. Actually, I first heard of this 4-window pscyhology concept back in Grade 6 through my religion teacher. And I've had friends who asked me to fill up their own windows. I thought it was cool but I never set up my own. I hated the way some would "force" you to fill up their windows even to the point of spamming the Friendster Bulletin Board about it. But again, I was required to make one for myself because of PBBFG3. Here's my attempt to psychoanalyze myself, haha!

Apparently, unlike the others, I don't have any dominant trait. My top traits are:
1. friendly (44%) - it always surprises me whenever people think I'm friendly. Well, I know that to a certain degree, I am indeed friendly enough, I just didn't think I was friendly enough to be described as friendly. Besides, I grew up always having impressions of being a snub.
2. intelligent (34%) - well, despite my failing grades, I am still intelligent, haha! =p I actually prefer to consider myself wise (24%).
3. knowledgeable (34%) - Encarta Dictionary says this means knowing a great deal: possessing or showing a great deal of knowledge, awareness, or intelligence. "Intelligent" is defined as mentally able: having intelligence, especially to a highly developed degree; sensible or rational: showing or resulting from an ability to think and understand things clearly and logically. I can't differentiate 'knowledgeable' and 'intelligent' myself. But I think it's safe to say that these 2 traits split some votes, hehe.
4. sensible (34%) - different, but fairly similar to intelligent and knowledgeable.
5. organised (31%) - I admit that I do have the tendency to be organized and I blame it on my very mild case of OC Disorder. But the thing is, I also have an equal tendency to be disorganized. And Mama would so agree -- especially when it comes to keeping my room in order, haha!
6. trustworthy (31%) - I'm most flattered by this, hehe. Because trust is something that cannot be solicited or forced. It must be gained.

I consider myself as helpful (10%) but I guess other people see it as being dependable (27%). Halos pareho lang to, diba? Funny how some people consider me as self-assertive (13%) and confident (10%). I checked who ticked these traits, they were the people closest to me -- they do know me well. I think that the Blind Spot window should have 2 panels -- 'other people' should be classified into 2: close friends and mere acquaintances. Hehe, wala lang. I just feel that people who've seen you through the good and bad times provide better insights on your traits.

My Blog List

Quick Thoughts


Powered By Blogger